Our mission at D. Newlin Fell Elementary School is to prepare students to become successful life long learners and responsible citizens who can contribute in a positive manner to a rapidly changing global society.
#1 in Reading, Math, and Science for Neighborhood Network 1
We are proud to announce that we scored #1 in Math,Reading, and Science for the past 3 consecutive school years: 2014-2015, 2015-2016, and 2016-2017 on the PSSA for K-8 schools in Learning Network 1. Subsequently, we rank 10th out of 140 K-8 schools in the Philadelphia Public School District.
Fell has been Ranked #1 in First In Math in Learning Network 1 for the 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 school year!
PIAA Middle Years Golf Champions for the 2016-2017 school year.
Message from the Principal
Welcome to our Website! D. Newlin Fell School, located at Ninth Street and Oregon Avenue in the South Philadelphia area, is a multicultural community where Asian, Latino, Arabic, African American, and Caucasian children learn and live tolerance and respect on a daily basis. It provides education for children from kindergarten to the eighth grade. The subject area teachers are all full-time and highly qualified.
In addition to the regular educational classes, Fell provides the following services:
- Special education for children diagnosed with learning needs in the regular education classroom
- A mentally gifted program
- Art, computer, music and physical education classes
- Wind and string instrument teachers who provide individual and small group lessons on a weekly basis
- A Glee Club
- Speech therapy on a regular basis as well as hearing and orthopedic therapy on a limited basis
- Extracurricular Programs and Tutoring
- PIAA Middle Years Sports: Golf, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track and Field, and Volleyball.
- Culturally and linguistic appropriate instructional program with comprehensive ESOL support services for English language learners.
- Focus on early childhood Literacy and full implementation of CLI Model in all K-3 classrooms.
- All classrooms are equipped with cutting edge technology, including SMARTBoards and Chromebooks.
Click HERE to see the welcome letter from Mr. Ashe.
Click HERE to see the 2017-2018 parent calendar.
Click HERE for this month’s school calendar.
IMPORTANT The School District of Philadelphia has instituted a parent & child reunification plan for D.N. Fell Elementary in the event our building has to be evacuated in an emergency.
Click HERE to read Fell’s parent & child reunification plan.