D.N. FELL ELEMENTARY HAS NEW START AND END TIMES FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE NEW SCHEDULE
YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW THE QUALIFICATIONS OF YOUR CHILD’S TEACHER. CLICK HERE for more information.
Kindergarten Registration/New Enrollment – use the links below:
Our vision at D. Newlin Fell Elementary School is to ensure that our students become 21st century learners by meeting or exceeding grade level requirements in all subjects.
Our mission at D. Newlin Fell Elementary School is to prepare students to become successful life long learners and responsible citizens who can contribute in a positive manner to a rapidly changing global society.
#1 in Reading, Math, and Science for Neighborhood Network 10
We are proud to announce that we scored #1 in Math,Reading, and Science for 3 consecutive school years: 2014-2015, 2015-2016, and 2016-2017 on the PSSA for K-8 schools in Learning Network 1. We now rank 12th out of 140 K-8 schools in the Philadelphia Public School District.
Message from the Principal
Welcome to our Website! D. Newlin Fell School, located at Ninth Street and Oregon Avenue in the South Philadelphia area, is a multicultural community where Asian, Latino, Arabic, African American, and Caucasian children learn and live tolerance and respect on a daily basis. It provides education for children from kindergarten to the eighth grade. The subject area teachers are all full-time and highly qualified.
In addition to the regular educational classes, Fell provides the following services:
- Special education for children diagnosed with learning needs in the regular education classroom
- A mentally gifted program
- Art, computer, music and physical education classes
- Wind and string instrument teachers who provide individual and small group lessons on a weekly basis
- A Glee Club
- Speech therapy on a regular basis as well as hearing and orthopedic therapy on a limited basis
- Extracurricular Programs and Tutoring
- PIAA Middle Years Sports: Golf, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track and Field, Soccer and Volleyball.
- Culturally and linguistic appropriate instructional program with comprehensive ESOL support services for English language learners.
- Focus on early childhood Literacy and full implementation of CLI Model in all K-3 classrooms.
- All classrooms are equipped with cutting edge technology, including SMARTBoards and Chromebooks.
Visit The Fell Prophet, our school newspaper. Click HERE !
Click HERE for this month’s school calendar
Click HERE for Spanish translation of calendar
Click HERE for Khmer translation of calendar
Click HERE for Chinese translation of calendar
Click HERE for Fell’s Brochure
Click HERE to see the welcome letter from Mr. Ashe.
Click HERE to read Fell’s SPR (School Performance Review) for 2018-2019. See below for the parent guide to understanding the SPR review. Click on your preferred language.