Parking Concerns at Fell School – PLEASE READ
Take the Parent Engagement Survey – HERE
Hello Parents! View 2023-2024 supply lists for your student’s class in the fall. Visit our PARENTS page and scroll down for more information. Click HERE!
D.N. Fell Elementary now offers SchoolCash Online. Pay online for school fees, trips, etc. Learn more and register HERE
Fell School Profile – Click HERE
Visit the NEW Fell School Parent Newsletter! – CLICK HERE
Our vision at D. Newlin Fell Elementary School is to ensure that our students become 21st century learners by meeting or exceeding grade level requirements in all subjects.
Our mission at D. Newlin Fell Elementary School is to prepare students to become successful life long learners and responsible citizens who can contribute in a positive manner to a rapidly changing global society.
#1 in Reading, Math, and Science for Learning Network 10
We are proud to announce that we scored #1 in Math,Reading, and Science for 3 consecutive school years: 2014-2015, 2015-2016, and 2016-2017 on the PSSA for K-8 schools in Learning Network 10.
Message from the Principal
Welcome to our Website! D. Newlin Fell School, located at Ninth Street and Oregon Avenue in the South Philadelphia area, is a multicultural community where Asian, Latino, Arabic, African American, and Caucasian children learn and live tolerance and respect on a daily basis. It provides education for children from kindergarten to the eighth grade. The subject area teachers are all full-time and highly qualified.
In addition to the regular educational classes, Fell provides the following services:
- Special education for children diagnosed with learning needs in the regular education classroom
- A mentally gifted program
- Art, computer, dance, music and physical education classes
- Wind and string instrument teachers who provide individual and small group lessons on a weekly basis
- A Glee Club
- Speech therapy on a regular basis as well as hearing and orthopedic therapy on a limited basis
- Extracurricular Programs and Tutoring
- PIAA Middle Years Sports: Golf, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track and Field, Soccer and Volleyball.
- Culturally and linguistic appropriate instructional program with comprehensive ESOL support services for English language learners.
- All classrooms are equipped with cutting edge technology, including SMARTBoards and Chromebooks.
Click HERE for this school year at a glance
Click HERE for this month’s school calendar
Click HERE for Spanish translation of calendar
Click HERE for Chinese translation of calendar
Click HERE to see the welcome letter from Mr. Ashe.