DID YOU KNOW?
School begins before Labor Day this year. Mark your calendars for the first day of school on Monday, August 27th, 2018.
CLICK HERE for the School District of Philadelphia online calendar
Also new this year, ALL GRADES, including PreK and Kindergarten, start at the same time. All students, in all grades, will report to school on Monday August 27th.
Our mission at D. Newlin Fell Elementary School is to prepare students to become successful life long learners and responsible citizens who can contribute in a positive manner to a rapidly changing global society.
#1 in Reading, Math, and Science for Neighborhood Network 1
We are proud to announce that we scored #1 in Math,Reading, and Science for the past 3 consecutive school years: 2014-2015, 2015-2016, and 2016-2017 on the PSSA for K-8 schools in Learning Network 1. Subsequently, we rank 10th out of 140 K-8 schools in the Philadelphia Public School District.
Fell has been Ranked #1 in First In Math in Learning Network 1 for the 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 school year!
PIAA Middle Years Golf Champions for the 2016-2017 school year.
Message from the Principal
Welcome to our Website! D. Newlin Fell School, located at Ninth Street and Oregon Avenue in the South Philadelphia area, is a multicultural community where Asian, Latino, Arabic, African American, and Caucasian children learn and live tolerance and respect on a daily basis. It provides education for children from kindergarten to the eighth grade. The subject area teachers are all full-time and highly qualified.
In addition to the regular educational classes, Fell provides the following services:
- Special education for children diagnosed with learning needs in the regular education classroom
- A mentally gifted program
- Art, computer, music and physical education classes
- Wind and string instrument teachers who provide individual and small group lessons on a weekly basis
- A Glee Club
- Speech therapy on a regular basis as well as hearing and orthopedic therapy on a limited basis
- Extracurricular Programs and Tutoring
- PIAA Middle Years Sports: Golf, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track and Field, and Volleyball.
- Culturally and linguistic appropriate instructional program with comprehensive ESOL support services for English language learners.
- Focus on early childhood Literacy and full implementation of CLI Model in all K-3 classrooms.
- All classrooms are equipped with cutting edge technology, including SMARTBoards and Chromebooks.
Click HERE to see the welcome letter from Mr. Ashe.
Click HERE for this month’s school calendar.
Click HERE in the event of inclement weather for the 2 hour delay schedule
IMPORTANT The School District of Philadelphia has instituted a parent & child reunification plan for D.N. Fell Elementary in the event our building has to be evacuated in an emergency.
Click HERE to read Fell’s parent & child reunification plan.